The Pool Pump Basket Does Not Fill With Water
If your pump basket does not fill with water, you’ll have to prime the pump. The good news is it’s pretty straightforward. Just follow the steps below:
- Disconnect any power to the pump and move the diverter valve to turn off the main drain side.
- Relieve any existing pressure by turning the air relief valve counterclockwise on your pool filter until the pressure reads zero on the pool filter gauge.
- Remove the pump lid, clean any debris from the pump basket, and fill it with water using a garden hose. Once done, replace the pump lid and set the pool return to open on the diverter valve so water can return to the pool.
- Turn the power back on and check to see that the water flow has returned to the strainer box.
- Please wait until the water starts to come out of the relief valve, then close it. After about 1 minute, water should be flowing freely inside the strainer box (top of the pump).
- If water is not flowing freely in the strainer box, return to step one and repeat.
- Switch the diverter valve back to halfway between the skimmer and main drain. If the pump is still not primed, check the impeller for debris and filter pressure for anything 10psi above the clean reading for your pool filter.
Fuan Zhongzhi Pump Co., Ltd
registered the trademark "ZOZHI."
Add:No.155 Shangcun Qinxiyang Industry Zone,Fuan city,Fujian,China
Tel:+86 0593 6532656 Fax: +86 0593 6531158
Mobile: +86.137.0604.0131 E-mail: email@example.com