Calculating your pump’s most effective runtime only requires three numbers:
- Your pool pump’s flow rate (gallons per hour)
- Find this on the pool pump’s label, manual, or online product page
- The size of your pool (gallons)
Here’s how to calculate it:
Imagine your pump’s flow rate is 2,600 gph, and you have a 10,000-gallon pool.
- Divide your pool size by your pump’s flow rate to find your turnover rate
- 10,000/2,600 = 3.8 hours
- Multiply your turnover rate by 2 to calculate 2 full cycles for your system
- 3.8 x 2 = 7.6
And that’s how you calculate the best pool pump runtime for your swimming pool. It’s that easy.
So now that you know how to do that, it’s time to learn how to boost efficiency. For starters, let’s talk about when you’re running your pool pump.
Fuan Zhongzhi Pump Co., Ltd
registered the trademark "ZOZHI."
Add:No.155 Shangcun Qinxiyang Industry Zone,Fuan city,Fujian,China
Tel:+86 0593 6532656 Fax: +86 0593 6531158
Mobile: +86.137.0604.0131 E-mail: email@example.com